Wead Online Magazine calls for proposals for issue no. 12
Issue 12 will be published in conjunction with EXTRACTION: ART ON THE EDGE OF THE ABYSS, a year long “constellation of simultaneous and overlapping” international programs, exhibits, events, and creative projects. Creator/Producer Peter Koch of the CODEX Foundation has called for “a multi-media, multi-venue, cross-border intervention by artists to investigate and react to the extractive industry in all forms from mining and drilling, to the reckless exploitation of water, soil, trees, marine life, and other natural resources.”
WEAD seeks submissions for this important collaboration now. Our focus is broad, open to real and conceptual projects, by an individual, collective, or community using eco/social justice art that expresses or redresses these concerns.
- Send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: ISSUE 12 Proposal
- An outline or description of the proposed article of no more than 1000 words.
- Three hi definition images of the project(s).
- Author biography and your CV (if available)
- If previously published, send complete article with published information.
- March 16: Proposals due to email@example.com
- April 26: Notification of acceptance.
- June 25: Articles due
- Late September/mid October: Magazine Launch
ARTICLE SPECIFICATIONS (if accepted)
- 2,000 to 3,000 words in WEAD format (will be sent to accepted authors) 2. 10 or more excellent high definition images
- For Directory Listing: 10 photos of Author’s artwork and artist statement.
Published authors receive a one-year membership to WEAD and $100 honorarium.