Prix Ars Electronica 2021
The Prix Ars Electronica is the world's most traditional competition for media art. The winners will receive the coveted Golden Nicas, prize money of up to 10,000 euros per category and prominent appearances at the Ars Electronica Festival from September 8 to 12, 2021! Online filling
Submission start: January 13, 2021
Submission deadline: March 3, 2021 (11:59 pm CET)
Participation in the Prix Ars Electronica is free and only takes place online. A submission is only complete and valid for participation in the competition if it has been submitted online and also finally completed online. As soon as all documents have been submitted in full, a confirmation of participation will be sent by email.
PRIX ARS ELECTRONICA and STARTS PRIZE
Projects can be submitted to the Prix Ars Electronica and the STARTS Prize at the same time . In order to be considered for both prizes, you must submit online under the respective Prix Ars Electronica category (Computer Animation, Artificial Intelligence & Life Art and Digital Musics & Sound Art) and confirm in the submission form that the project will also be considered for the STARTS Prize should. Entrants who are already registered for the Prix Ars Electronica can also use their login details for the STARTS Prize. STARTS Prize
- A work can only be submitted in one category. An artist can submit multiple works.
- Please do not send originals as the submitted material will not be returned.
- In addition to the general submission details and rights, each category also has its own submission conditions. (see the respective category descriptions )
- If a submitted work is awarded a cash prize or is recognized, the material will be used for the catalog, DVD (CD) and the Prix Ars Electronica website (see rights ). The participants are therefore asked to carefully prepare the image and text material.
- Employees of the organizers, sponsors, promoters and sponsors of the Prix Ars Electronica as well as jurors are excluded from participation.
- If you want to send additional materials for your submission by post (deadline: validity date of the postmark), please send them to: Ars Electroncia Linz GmbH & Co KG, Ars-Electronica-Straße 1, 4040 Linz, Austria, code: “Category (e.g. computer animation) ”
- Participation in the Prix Ars Electronica is free.
- Submission deadline : March 3, 2021
- Jury meeting : April 23 - April 25, 2021
- Communication : The winners (Golden Nica, awards, recognitions) will be notified by the end of May 2021 at the latest. (Ars Electronica will only notify you if the project is selected).
- Award ceremony : The Prix Ars Electronica 2021 award ceremony will take place as part of the Ars Electronica Festival (September 8-12, 2021). The winners (Golden Nica and awards) undertake to accept the prizes in person and to present their work at the Prix Ars Electronica Forum, an artist forum. Groups and institutions are asked to nominate a representative. The winners (representatives) are invited to Linz and receive hotel and flight tickets in economy class. (Due to the COVID-19 situation, there may be changes.)