Position Title: Facilities Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: rural San Mateo County, CA
Position Status: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $53-63k with full room and board
Deadline: Review of resumes will be begin TUESDAY, April 30 and continue until the position has been filled.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume and the names of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of your email should read: Facilities Manager/YOUR NAME.
The role of the Facilities Manager is to sustain the community of artists and scientists in residence by providing, within reason, whatever support in required for them to achieve their goals, and to oversee and care for the Program’s physical assets.
The position is responsible for the overall maintenance and effective operations of the Program’s buildings, grounds, equipment, and vehicles; for maintenance of the sculpture collection, and supervision of maintenance staff in the assistance of fulfillment of these responsibilities. This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Executive Director that includes full room and board (e.g. 2-room apartment with private bath + 50% of dinners prepared by private chef and reimbursement for groceries).
Demonstrated organizational, managerial, construction, land management and communication skills are key to success in this multi-faceted position. Also patience.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with the Program Resident co-Managers, Environmental Stewardship Coordinator, Program Director and other Program personnel to provide quality operations and a safe, maintained environment for the residents and other Program events.
- Regularly convey information about the Program’s land and buildings to other staff as appropriate.
- Locate and hire contract and service employees when needed to fulfill specific tasks. When necessary, review contracts and bids prior to approval by Executive Director.
- Maintain files in Administrative Office for building and grounds maintenance and equipment including service and repair records, warranties, etc.
- Maintain ranch supply inventories and equipment, mail delivery, and other administrative tasks needed for efficient and effective facilities and residency operation.
- Work with Association Reserves Inc. on annual Capital Reserve Study and prioritize building and equipment needs and budget.
- Maintain annual timetable for routine land and buildings maintenance and repair.
- Serve as emergency phone contact in rotation with other staff members who live on-site.
- Be on site to meet and greet artists upon their arrival and assist them with unloading and moving into their studios. Participate in artists’ airport and other pickups when needed.
Participate in artists’ orientation and tour of facilities with each arriving group of artists.
- Assist with artist’s needs regarding studio set up, equipment and supply procurement, incoming and outgoing shipping, general information and other requirements.
- Maintain artists’ tools, furniture and equipment for appropriate use. Oversee tools and equipment checkout system.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS
- Oversee and undertake the general cleanliness of buildings and immediate surroundings including decks, porches and roadways.
- Oversee, maintain, and repair/ replace where necessary appliances and permanent equipment for the Directors’ House, Artists’ House and Artists’ Barn
- Coordinate garbage pickup and other trash disposal, recycling, and compost processing.
- Oversee and maintain sculpture collection.
- Oversee and undertake building repairs and maintenance as needed or requested.
- Periodically inspect buildings for condition and note work necessary to accomplish.
- Make recommendations for building and grounds improvements with proposed budget, and undertake when approved.
- Oversee and undertake grounds maintenance and improvements as needed including road grading and patching; mowing; thistle, poison oak, scotch broom and other weed and pest control; trail creation and maintenance; picnic ground grooming; stream maintenance, etc.
VEHICLES & EQUIPMENT
- Maintain vehicles and tractor as able; arrange for professional maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Keep inventory of vehicle repairs and licensing; obtain smog and any other required certificates.
- Maintain tools and equipment in working order; make recommendation for acquisition of new tools and equipment over incidental replacement expense.
Salary range: $53-$63K DOQ PLUS full room and board on-site with generous benefits package. MAY be structured at 92% FTE if desired.
DEADLINE: Open until filled
Apply via e-mail with FACILITIES MANAGER in subject line to email@example.com include:
- 1-2 page cover letter outlining aptitude and interest in the position
- Names and contact information of three (3) professional references