LASER (Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous) Talks is Leonardo's international program of evening gatherings that bring artists and scientists together for informal presentations and conversations. LASER Talks were founded in 2008 by Bay Area LASER Chair Piero Scaruffi and are in over 20 cities around the world. To learn more about how our LASER Hosts and to visit a LASER near you please visit our website.
The mission of the LASERs is to provide the general public with a snapshot of the cultural environment of a region and to foster interdisciplinary networking.
- 7:00-7:25: Maria Makela (California College of the Arts) on "Regen(d)eration: The Discovery of Sex Glands and Modern German Culture"
- 7:25-7:50: Rosanna Guadagno (University of Texas at Dallas) on "Men, Women, and Technology: Insights from Social Psychology"
- 7:50-8:10: BREAK. Before or after the break, anyone in the audience currently working within the intersections of art and science will have 30 seconds to share their work. Please present your work as a teaser so that those who are interested can seek you out during social time following the event.
- 8:10-8:35: Paul Dresher (Composer) Abstract TBA.
- 8:35-9:00: Micheline Marcom (Novelist) Abstract TBA.
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-1775