CHAIRED BY: Piero Scaruffi
Program (the order of the speakers might change):
- 7:00-7:25: Geri Migielicz (Stanford/ Communications) on "The Future of Journalism is Visual - Nothing Else is Certain"
The keys to journalism's survival will be both its ability to create engaging visual content at scale and the audience's ability to believe what it sees... Read more
- 7:25-7:50: Reza Zadeh (Stanford Institute for Computational Mathematics) on "Computer Vision Made Simple"
Machines are opening their eyes via neural networks... Read more
- 7:50-8:10: BREAK. Before or after the break, anyone in the audience currently working within the intersections of art and science will have 30 seconds to share their work. Please present your work as a teaser so that those who are interested can seek you out during social time following the event.
- 8:10-8:35: Adriana Manago (UC Santa Cruz) on "Millennials go Online to Build their Offline Lives"
Communication technologies as cultural tools that transform social development during the transition to adulthood... Read more
- 8:35-9:00: Patricia G. Lange (California College of the Arts) on "Is Ranting Ever a Good Idea?"
Forms of civic engagement, which include collective identification of problems, are increasingly moving to online spaces... Read more
- 9:00pm-9:30pm: Discussions, networking
Watch it live on your mobile device by using
Watch it live on your personal computer by using
LASER (Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous) Talks is Leonardo's international program of evening gatherings that bring artists and scientists together for informal presentations and conversations. LASER Talks were founded in 2008 by Bay Area LASER Chair Piero Scaruffi and are in over 30 cities around the world. To learn more about how our LASER Hosts and to visit a LASER near you please visit our website.
The mission of the LASERs is to provide the general public with a snapshot of the cultural environment of a region and to foster interdisciplinary networking.
LiKaShing building - Room LK120
Palo Alto, CA 94305-5101