Leonardo Calendar of Upcoming Events
(see also the list of past events)
- 24-28 July 2016: SIGGRAPH Conference, Anaheim, CA
- 24 July 2016: Scientific Delrium Madness Open House/Open Studios, Woodside, CA
LASERs currently take place in over a dozen locations around the world!
SIGGRAPH Conference (http://s2016.siggraph.org/)
24 - 28 JULY 2016
Anaheim Convention Center
Leonardo will host several events at the SIGGRAPH conference itself. Don’t miss this chance to mix, mingle and catch up with all-things-Leonardo. If you will be at SIGGRAPH, let us know!
1. Art Gallery Reception: Tuesday, 26 July, 2:00-4:00 PM. In collaboration with the SIGGRAPH Art Program, Leonardo publishes the SIGGRAPH art catalog each year as a special issue of Leonardo journal. Join us to celebrate the SIGGRAPH Art , the Art Papers and the Leonardo special issue at this gala reception, co-hosted by MIT Press. Open to all conference attendees.
2. Leonardo Community Meeting (Birds of a Feather meeting): Wednesday, 27 July, 2:30–4 PM, Room TBD in the Convention Center. Come, listen and share about your involvement in art-science, whether as a practitioner, educator, student, writer, researcher, program developer . . . Open to all conference attendees.
3. Art Papers - Room 303 A-C, Tuesday, 26 July, 3:45-5:35 pm. Authors present Art Papers in 20-minute sessions with five minutes of Q&A. The papers are published in a special issue of Leonardo, The Journal of the International Society of the Arts, Sciences and Technology. The issue also includes visual documentation of the works exhibited in the Art Gallery. This publication coincides with SIGGRAPH 2016 and will mark the eighth year of collaboration between SIGGRAPH and Leonardo. http://s2016.siggraph.org/art-papers
Coming soon: The Art Papers are published in the Leonardo/SIGGRAPH special issue, Vol. 49, No. 4, 2016.
Open House/Open StudiosSCIENTIFIC DELIRIUM MADNESS
Djerassi Resident Artists Program, Woodside, CA
Sunday, 24 July 2016
TIME: 10 AM - 5 PM
RESERVATIONS REQUIREDor http://bit.ly/1Su0Dgd
Please join us for the one day of the year that the Djerassi Program’s Artists’ Barn and private grounds are open to the general public! Meet our resident artists and scientists, walk the stunning natural landscape, and view panoramic ocean vistas!
General Public, Alumni & Children: Reservations required for all
General Admission: $50 per person
A portion of the admission price will go to the Arts and Culture Committee of the Town of Woodside.
Children 6 -12: $25
Alumni & Children under 6: free
All guests must make reservations. All tickets held at the door. Space is limited. Reserve early at http://bit.ly/1Su0Dgd
No Pets Please.
Open studios, dance and music performances, and literary readings. Self-guided tours of our site-specific sculpture collection located on winding trails among ancient redwoods, rolling hills and fern- shaded glens. This year’s event features the residents of Scientific Delirium Madness, the third arts and science themed residency at the Djerassi Program co-hosted with LEONARDO, The International Society for the Arts, Sciences and Technology/LASER-Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous.
David Bowen, Duluth, MN. Media Artist
Asa Calow, Cheshire, UK
Matteo Farinella, London, UK. Biologist
John MacCallum, Oakland, CA. Composer
Christine Metzger, San Francisco, CA. GeologistTeoma Naccarato, Montreal, Canada, Choreographer
Juanita Rockwell, Baltimore, MD. Playwright
Hannah Rogers, Charlottesville, VA. Poet
Maya Spasova, London, UK. Visual Artist
Weidong Yang, San Francisco, CA. Physicist
Adam Zaretsky, West Hurley, NY. Biologist
To see a video of last years Open House, please go to https://vimeo.com/150704249
“Plein Air Paint Out” with The Woodside Plein Air Painting Group. Members will be stationed along the trails painting various scenes of the Djerassi Program’s landscape. Arranged in partnership with the Arts and Culture Committee of the Town of Woodside, the finished works will be displayed at the following Woodside Town Hall.
Delectable pizza and light fare from 12:30 to 3:30 PM by the Djerassi Program’s gourmet chef, Dan Tosh.
Updated 11 July 2016